Sunday, September 7, 2008

Walnut-Crusted Tilapia With Maple Sauce











I guess the Fall season is upon us because for some reason I have had a craving for all things maple-flavored or apple-flavored. I found a recipe this week that has can satisfy at least my maple craving. With this recipe it calls for Tilapia, but I have Bass in the freezer from when my husband went fishing a while back. So I will use that instead of Tilapia, even though he says that they are basically the same flavor. This sounds divine!

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
2 tilapia fillets (or bass fish) about 6 ounces each, thawed, if frozen
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter, melted


Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a small baking sheet. Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Place walnuts in a resealable plastic bag, seal and use something heavy to finely crush walnuts. Empty nuts onto a plate, add bread crumbs and stir to combine. Rinse and pat dry fish fillets. Dip fish in beaten egg, coat with walnut mixture and place on greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine syrup and melted butter. Drizzle over fish before serving.





Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4









Photo courtesy by AZCentral.com

No comments: