Monday, September 22, 2008

Wait, How Much?

There are things that can be done to entertain the little ones. Some can be activities that don't cost anything to activities and events that can be costly. Such is the last statement this weekend. While it didn't hardly cost much to get in, I would say it was made up around lunch time. There was a kids fair in which my daughter and I took my grandson Jameson to. We arrived right at the opening of the doors to the coliseum.




There were vendors selling their wares at booths and booths to promote the good of the community such as child protection. Jameson spotted a booth that he wanted to check out. Here he is inside jumping around with other kids until we decided that kids would enevitably get hurt 'cause there were too many of them at one time. That's him in the plaid shorts.



While there were many, many booths to see, way at the back of the coliseum were carnival rides. Jameson spotted a ride that he really wanted to go on. The Airplanes. So I stood in line to purchase additional tickets for that one plus I got more for any other he spotted. He was so proud of himself "flying" that big ole' plane!











I had only enough tickets for 1 more ride for him to go on, by himself, 'cause that would've cost more, believe me! So we waited and waited in that line what seemed like an hour, until it was time for Jameson to ride the swings. He was so cute on them wasn't he?



After lunch (I guess you could call it that) consisting of a hot dog each,which was outrageously priced, and a small drink each, I figured out that I just spent equivalent to the price of admission just for lunch. No frugality here. I had forgotten how ridiculously overpriced food was at public places. Yikes! Next time, we'll sneak in our own lunch and drinks.

After a few hours and a much needed nap, we finally were heading towards the exit when Jameson discovered Cookie Monster. Now who could resist a cute picture with a Sesame Street character to tease him with when he's 16? I had to get it. So darn cute I tell you!



After trekking our way back to our car with a few weary family members, no longer had we been out of the parking lot and we looked back in his car seat and he was out! Out as in asleep! Fighting the crowds, a 2 1/2 year old, and let's just say lack of decent food, I was ready to be knocked out as well. Even though I had spent more than I had anticipated, it made up for it 'cause I think that Jameson had more fun that his Mom and I put together. Way more!!

No comments: