Monday, June 23, 2008

Yoga Does a Body Good

Have you ever wondered why the commercials say that milk "does a body good"? While that may be the case nutritionally, our bodies also need to exercise and stretch. One way to do this is by taking a Yoga class. Yoga can strengthen our tight muscles making us feel good again and less sore. I've been taking a Yoga class for about 1 1/2 months now at a local gym and I can honestly say that each and every time I go, my back and sore muscles thank me for it. Today I went to class after 1 week off. I can tell you that I really needed to go because I was getting pains where there shouldn't be pains in my back and hips. After class I felt energized and relaxed. I try to go to class 2-3 times per week. One way to keep on track is to schedule this time on my calendar. That way it's written down so that I know it's one of the things I need to do for that day. Just like having a serving of milk daily, Yoga can also "do a body good".

No comments: