Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This Makes Sense-Coupons That Is!

It's summer, it's hot and I don't know what to cook!! What is a girl to do? Well, the first solution to this heated debate is to go through my Wednesday paper and look for the grocery store ads. Therein lies the solution. Sale items listed for every store! First I look in each stores' paper to see if there is a coupon that I could use. Then I log on to CouponSense where as a member, I can look to see what's on sale at each store by browsing and taking advantage of those items and use them against my coupons, thereby reducing my grocery bill. This week Fry's has 1 gallon milk on sale for $1.99 I will take advantage of this sale and buy the limit and possibly freeze the rest. I do not have a coupon for this but this is a good deal nonetheless. Another good deal this week is to take advantage of the $5 off your grocery bill. Albertson's has a mix and match promotion, meaning you can buy 10 items from any of the price and the $5 will come off instantly! They are limiting this to 2 $5 rewards per transaction; thus, you can buy 20 items and get $10 off in a single transaction! A simple meal plan for a family of 4 would be:

1. Totino's Pizza
2. Suddenly Salad
3. Alberton's croutons
4. Gatorade
5. Snack Pudding for dessert

Final cost = $2.50

Next meal plan with this sale could be:

1. Spaghetti
2. Prego Spaghetti sauce
3. Seasoned summer vegetables
4. Water
5. Popsicles for dessert

Total cost = $5.00

Of course if you have other coupons you could use along with the sale items, that will drastically reduce the total cost. This is called stackable couponing. Coupons and I have gotten along rather well over the past. When you take the time to have your coupons organized, you really can take advantage of any sale items that may come along. It all makes perfect sense, CouponSense!

No comments: