Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Recipe For A Perfect Day


I was reading a section today out of a book titled "How To Help Your Missionary" by Raymond E. Beckham about having a perfect day. All of us experience days where everything was perfect, life went well, life was wonderful. Those days stand out in our minds. Here's a bakers dozen of basic ingredients that will guarantee a perfect day, every day, if they are applied. While my son is serving a church mission, these "ingredients" can be applied to everyone in our everyday lives, no matter what your religion or beliefs. That is why I tweaked this a little.

  1. Today I will adjust myself to what is and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my challenges and adjust myself accordingly.

  2. Today I will strengthen my mind. I will study or read as I have time for. I will learn something new and useful.

  3. Today I will solve today's problems and will not tackle my whole life's problems at once or worry about those of yesterday. Good one!

  4. Today I will be happy. Abraham Lincoln once said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." I will make up my mind to be happy and will not let anything interfere with it.

  5. Today I will take care of my body. I will exercise it, care for it, nourish it, and I will not abuse or neglect it.

  6. Today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn and not let him know about it; I will do at least two things I do not want to do but that I should do; and I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt.

  7. Today I will be agreeable. I will look as nice as I can, dress as smartly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be flattering to others, criticize no one and find fault with no one.

  8. Today I will have a plan and will follow it. I will set down realistic goals and priorities, and I will accomplish every one of them.

  9. Today I will spend a few moments in meditation and will pray at least morning and night.

  10. Today I will be unafraid. I will have courage as I go about my activities.

  11. Today I will forget myself and will do things for others. I will enjoy the spirit of sacrifice and service.

  12. Today I will have a positive mental attitude. I will not be discouraged. I will look for the good in everything and goodness rather than be a reflection of the moods of others.

Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: