Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Birthday Kitchen Guests


With today being my birthday(I've been counting backwards since 30), I decided that I wanted to do something special for ME. I turned on the television and Martha Stewart just happened to be making goat cheese with one of her guests. I wanted to make SOMETHING from the kitchen too, but not goat cheese. I decided I was going to make a cake, except in my kitchen MY guest was Betty Crocker with special guest appearance by Duncan Hines. Yup, that'll do the trick. And with that being said, I quickly went to work.




  1. Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients that the recipe calls for. I did and I didn't have to run to the store. Yeah!


  2. Plan enough time for the cake to bake before you frost it. Leave it on the counter to cool-down.


  3. Tell others in the house that this cake is off limits, until I cut it of course.


There, now I've had my Martha-esque cooking moment without all the hassle of cooking a cake from scratch! Now that's what I call sweet!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you. I want to indulge, too, but I don't have the Duncan Hines or the special occasion.